In order for our business to run efficiently it is important that we collect and manage customer data. Whilst doing so we observe UK data protection legislation and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and rights.
This privacy statement has been written to keep you reliably informed on the way in which we operate. This Privacy Statement also provides you with information about how you can have control over our use of your data. Please note that we will be updating this Privacy Statement on a regular basis in order to keep you fully up to date with our approach to data protection and privacy.
What information do we collect about you.
The information that we collect about you may include your name, home address, email address, telephone number as well as relevant financial and credit card information. This is referred to as “your personal data”.
We collect this data in a number of different ways. For example; you may provide this data directly when filling in forms on this website, or when corresponding with us by telephone, email or letter. Equally, when you visit this website and even if you do not register with us, we may collect technical information about you such as your IP address which connects your computer or mobile device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version the country and telephone code where your computer is located, and information about your visit including products you viewed or searched for, page response times download errors and length of visits to certain pages.
How will we use that information?
· To assist in the processing of your orders/ to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
For example, this could include packing and delivering orders, forwarding order details, order fulfilment, the processing of credit/debit card transactions, fraud prevention, registering warranties and the provision of corresponding customer services.
· In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide your information to external companies and third parties with which we contract to assist us providing these critical services to you. We assure you that these companies are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose.
· To ensure that the information contained within this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to up date and improve the contents of our site, and ensure the smooth operation of internal processes, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and to keep our website as safe and secure as possible.
We do this as we think it is important to understand your shopping and browsing habits so that we can keep improving our service for you.
How long will we keep your data?
Unless you ask us to do so, we will never keep your data for longer than is necessary for us to complete the activity for which your data was collected in the first place.
However, sometimes there is a legitimate and/or legal reason that means we need to retain your data.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We work with a number of external suppliers who support our business. This includes organisations which are critical to fulfilling customer orders as detailed.
How can you access the personal data we hold?
You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all personal data we have.
Updating or Amending your personal data.
If at any time, you want to update or amend your personal data please contact HQ. Any requested and legitimate changes will take effect within 28 days of receipt of your request.
Data Privacy and Security. We maintain a comprehensive data management work programme, which includes processes for ensuring that data protection is a key consideration of all new and existing IT systems that hold customer personal data.
Where any concerns, risks or issues are identified, we conduct relevant impact assessments in order to determine any actions that are necessary to ensure optimum privacy.
We also maintain an active information security work programme which seeks to protect availability, confidentiality and integrity of all physical and information assets. Specifically, this programme helps us to:
· Protect against potential breaches of confidentiality
· Ensure all IT facilities are protected against damage loss or misuse and
· Increase awareness and understanding across our business of requirements of information security, and the responsibility of colleagues to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information that they handle.
We recognise that the security of data and transactions on this website is of a primary importance. We therefore ensure that all connections to secure parts of the website.
This Privacy Statement applies only to the data collected by us therefore it does not apply to data collected by third party websites and services that are not under our control.
Furthermore, we cannot be held responsible for Privacy Statement on third party websites.